Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's time to let the cat out of the bag!

Guess what......I'm pregnant! I figured it was time to put it out there since some of you know and some of you didn't. It has been quite a ride so far and I've been told just to hold on because it is only going to get crazier from here on out! Now let's get some FAQ's out of the way....

We are due on Feb. 16th so that makes me 14 weeks as of today. We have known for quite some time and have tried to keep it under the rug for sometime but feel as though now we can shout it from the rooftops. Beginning somewhere between 6-7 sickness set in. HOLY BANANAS! I really thought I was going to die.....okay well maybe I'm being a little dramatic (i know its hard to believe) but I was sick pretty much all day everyday. Everyone says as long as you are sick you know that everything is okay. UGH! It still sucks but I held onto that hope and got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago. So fair enough....being sick I guess was not so bad. Once I reached around 12 weeks I did feel TONS better. It's crazy how that works.

Another wonderful things about pregnancy is the out of control hormones. WOW! Just recently I had a complete pregnancy meltdown and informed Bryan that I did not think we should be selling out house because of .....then i listed about a hundred things to include: stress, money for daycare, money, packing, money for daycare. See a theme? It just so happened that this meltdown happened after I put our name on several lists for daycare and saw how much it cost. WOW.....So, it is official the Catoe Cabana is no longer for sale!!!! Now, if I can only figure out how to make my pants fit these days I'll be doing well!

TTFN!

~Emily

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, EMILY! That is SO exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a wonderful little blessing! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've got 2 words for you... BELLY BAND! they are awesome! you can get one at target or the motherhood store (target's "be band" will be a lot cheaper). it's basically a spandex band that you wear around your waist... you can wear your pre-pregnancy pants unbuttoned or unzipped and the band will hold them up for you. this is a good solution if you're not ready for actual maternity pants yet.

    congrats to you both! enjoy it because it really does pass by quick!

    ReplyDelete