Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Please Forgive Me.......

For I have been a complete slacker when it comes to the blog. So, here's an update however with no pictures but I will try to do that tomorrow (no promises though).

It was brought to my attention today by a beloved coworker that I no longer have shingles and need to update the blog. My precious little Girl is here and has been for 3 months.....that's right THREE MONTHS!!!! Where did the time go? Last night I had to move her up to size 2 diapers. She really could have moved up a couple of weeks ago...B claims I was in denial about it (he was right).
Since so much has happened since the last time I blogged I have struggles with where to i start a fresh or do i try to go back and cover all the time that has passed....decisions, decisions.....I guess I will share my birthing story just for the shear fact that I enjoy reading other people's birthing stories so here goes....

Before I get to that point I must admit I had a few bumps in the road. My blood pressure was giving me a much so that they gave me a date of induction for Feb. 1st at my 33 week appointment. Once I started going to the doctor every week my blood pressure decided to go up every week too. The doctor wanted to put me on bed rest at 36 weeks but I begged him for half days and he agreed. He also told me not to even look at a saltine (no sodium for me). Finally after upping my medicine three times it finally leveled off.

Jan 31st came. We called the hospital at 3pm and they told us to report to the birthing center at 5pm. B and I went and ate at Mellow Mushroom (I threw the no sodium out the window since this was essentially my "last supper"). When we got to the hospital the stated they were full and for us to wait in the lobby. Luckily we only have to wait 30 minutes for a room to open up. They gave me cervadil hoping that my cervix would open up during the night and gave me an ambien. Needless to say I didn't sleep but B slept like a baby.

The next morning the doctor came in at 8AM stating she was there to break my water. Once she checked me she stated that I still had not dilated at all and it looked as though we would be hitting our head against the wall if we waited for Rachel to come on her own. She asked the nurse about the OR for a C-Section and she said it was open and she could have me ready in 30 minutes. WHOA! WHAT?!?! I was a bit nervous but at the same time ready. Luckily both my parents and B's parents were already there. They wheeled me into the OR gave me a spinal (which i did not feel) and prepped for Rach's arrival. The spinal was a very odd feeling..they told me it would feel like a lot of pressure bearing down on me and I would feel like i could not breath but I would continue to breath the whole time. They were exactly right! It was an odd feeling and I kinda freaked out but the nurse was there the whole time at my head talking me through it. Once they got me prepped B came in and all my nerves went away. I felt nothing except what felt like someone pushing on my legs and the next thing I knew Rachel was born. I'm hear to tell ya there is nothing like hearing your own little baby cry for the first time.
Rachel was born less than an hour after the doctor came in that morning. I was amazing! C-sections are not for everybody but it was definitely for me! I did not experience much pain and had no complications afterwards!

More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment