Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Residents of the Catoe Cabana

I figured it is only fitting to write a little "getting to know you" post about me. Here goes.....

Bryan and I got married 4 years ago (craziness I know). After we got married Bryan and I lived in Georgia for almost a year and then came back to South Carolina. YAY! We refer to our house affectionately as the "Catoe Cabana." We love our little Cabana and have been known to throw quite a party there whether it be the "Catoe Cup" (that just happened to be held on the same day as the Carolina Cup), Summer BBQ (equipped full of games of boccie ball and badminton) or porch talks/meetings (to be held year round). Enough about the Cabana let's get to the residents of the house.

Right before we moved back to South Carolina, Bryan and I added the first addition to the Catoe family, Moses the Cat. I know some of you are wondering how on earth I came up with the name Moses for my cat BUT it happens to be a very traumatic story which includes Moses going through gender issues. I cannot help it that the sales clerk at PetsMart told me the cat was a girl!!!!

His name has also put me in an embarrassing situations such as one at a work related training where I was participating in a "Introduce your Neighbor" to the class exercise. As I was telling her about my cat named Moses she blurted out "My husband's name is Moses!!!" Wow. Talk about awkward moments which could have been avoided if she has not went into 20 questions about how I named my cat Moses. Oh well, leave it to a preacher's kid to name their cat after a biblical character.

Then one friday night Bryan and I decided to have a game night with just the two of us (we were new to town so don't judge). Anyways, while we were playing monopoly (again we didn't know many people in town) Bryan stated that he wanted a Great Dane (what?!?!). So, the next day we go to PetsMart to get cat food and come back with our dog Lucy. Let me be sure to add that Lucy it about the furthest thing you can get from a Great Dane but Bryan fell in love with her and we "had" to have her. She is supposedly a Boykin Spaniel Mix (I think someone lied to us).

Rounding out this category of pets is our new kitty, Zipporah. I felt that it was only appropriate to name her after Moses's wife in the Bible. She just showed up on our front porch this past November and I fell in love with her! I would like to state for the record that I did all in my power to try and find out if she had a previous owner by contacting all the vets and animal shelters in town. No one had lost this precious kitty so she became a Catoe! She has fit in nicely with the bunch and I must say that she rules the roost.

Pictures to come once I get the hang of this thing!

TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment