Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Monday...what are you doing?

Having a "case of the Mondays"? Most of us usually do. No one wants to go back to the work week, especially after a great weekend. But I have found my cure for my "case of the Mondays". Camden Community Concert Band. HAHAHAHAHA! That's right you read it right! On Monday nights I have band!

Last year, I joined the CCCB and was pleasantly surprised by just how many people are in the band. And we're actually pretty decent. Of course when I joined I was(am still am) the youngest member. However, I don't mind it. It's actually kinda fun! As crazy as it might sound, band has turned out to be a huge stress reliever for me. For 2 hours every week I do not have to worry about what is going on in the outside world. People are actually excited when you walk in the door and are quick to give you a hug or a smile! And trust me if you miss a week they do want a signed excuse from a spouse/parent/guardian.

So, I encourage each of you to find what can solve your case of the Mondays. Get involved in your community! You'll be surprised just how much it can change your outlook on life and you're able to see the bigger picture on life and what is surrounding you.

*Those are my thoughts of wisdom for the day*

P.S. Our final concert for the year is on April 19th @ 3pm in Rectory Square. Check us out at http://www.camdencommunityband.org/

TTFN!
~Emily

1 comment: